It’s easy to forget that the circumstances of our day-to-day lives are the result of decisions we made yesterday, last month, and last year. We don’t wind up thousands of dollars in debt because of one extravagant purchase, nor do we gain thirty pounds as a result of one decadent dinner and our relationships certainly don’t end overnight because of a single heated argument.
We are where we are because of the decisions we make every day. If we want to better understand how we create our present-day reality, all we need to do is look at the choices we have made and continue to make along the way.
The Right Questions created by Debbie Ford in her book ‘The Right Questions’, offers a remarkable new awareness of why we do what we do. It provides the tools as well as the freedom to create the life we always wanted. The Right Questions consists of ten powerful inquiries designed to reveal what is motivating your actions. The answers to these questions will immediately clarify your thinking and support you in making the choices that are in your highest and best interest. They are deceptively simple but incredibly powerful and can be used in any situation or at any crossroads.
The next time you find yourself stuck or have an important decision to make, ask yourself the following 10 Right Questions. They will reveal if you are making a decision based in fearful thinking thus keeping you stuck; or they will uncover if you are willing to move beyond your past limitations with faith of creating a bright a future.
- Will this choice propel me toward an inspiring future or will it keep me stuck in the past?
- Will this choice bring me long-term fulfillment or will it bring me short-term gratification?
- Am I standing in my power or am I trying to please another?
- Am I looking for what’s right or am I looking for what’s wrong?
- Will this choice add to my life force or will it rob me of my energy?
- Will I use this situation as a catalyst to grow and evolve or will I use it to beat myself up?
- Does this choice empower me or does it dis-empowering me?
- Is this an act of self-love or is it an act of self-sabotage?
- Is this an act of faith or is it an act of fear?
- Am I choosing from my divinity or am I choosing from my humanity?
The usefulness of the knowledge we acquire and the effectiveness of the actions we take depend on the quality of the questions we ask. Questions open the door to dialogue, discovery and possibility. They turn a moment of despair into it a moment of delight and shift your whole way of being.
Consider the profound quote by Albert Einstein…“If I had an hour to solve a problem and my life depended on the solution, I would spend the first 55 minutes determining the proper question to ask, for once I know the proper questions, I could solve the problem in less than 5 minutes”.
To learn more about how proper inquiry can change your life, sign up for a free consultation. I’ll guide you through profound questioning that can relieve you from chronic self doubt and give rise to new levels of self confidence allowing you to make decisions with ease.
Your Question Guru and Coach,